AWH Announces Release of its 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance Metrics
- AWH has Disclosed Sustainable Accounting Standards Board Metrics-
-AWH has Pledged to Eight of the
"We are proud to release our inaugural ESG report, which highlights our disclosure of SASB metrics, our pledge to eight of the
Key takeaways from the report include:
- Establishment of employee resource groups ("ERGs"): AWH has launched 2 ERGs: 'Women in Leadership' and 'LGBTQIA+'. AWH is launching the 'Black and Brown' resource group later this month and is looking to expand the program further. AWH has more than 100 participants in the voluntary, employee-led ERGs, which are designed to foster a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with AWH's organizational mission, values, goals, business practices, and objectives.
Launch of the Ascend Foundation, a nonprofit organization that will support organizations that demand justice and help diversify the cannabis industry.
- Disclosure of gender and ethnic diversity data to increase transparency and encourage the achievement of AWH's commitment to reaching parity across all levels.
- Support of expungement clinics: AWH has contributed funds to the Continuing Legal Education (CLE) institute, which seeks to educate attorneys interested in learning the ins and outs of the expungement process.
- Use of biodegradable packaging for the second phase of its new product line—Simply Herb.
- Disclosure of marketing practices to improve the transparency of techniques used to market to those ages 21 and older.
SASB is an independent, standards-setting organization dedicated to improving the effectiveness and comparability of corporate disclosure on material ESG factors. SASB's approach to standard-setting uses a process that is evidence-based and market-informed. AWH's ESG metrics are available on pages 9-12 of the Company's 2021 Annual Report.
AWH is a vertically integrated operator with assets in
This news release includes forward-looking information and statements, which may include, but are not limited to, information and statements regarding the plans, intentions, expectations, estimates, and beliefs of the Company. Words such as "expects", "continue", "will", "anticipates" and "intends" or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on the Company's current projections and expectations about future events and financial trends, and on certain assumptions and analysis made by the Company in light of experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments and other factors management believes are appropriate.
Forward-looking information and statements involve and are subject to assumptions and known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors which may cause actual events, results, performance, or achievements of the Company to be materially different from future events, results, performance, and achievements expressed or implied by forward-looking information and statements herein. Such factors include, among others: the risks and uncertainties identified in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
The CSE has not reviewed, approved or disapproved the content of this news release.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/awh-announces-release-of-its-2021-environmental-social-and-governance-metrics-301501499.html
Ascend Wellness Holding Investor Contact: Rebecca Koar, 617-453-4042 ext. 90102, [email protected]; Ascend Wellness Holdings Media Contact: MATTIO Communications, Mark Sinclair, 650-269-9530, [email protected]